Friday, January 22, 2010

Monday Magazine Food Reviewer Application

So, on a whim, I applied to be the Monday Magazine Food Critique. Obviously, I failed. So, I'm posting my "resume" as you might call it.

It required the answering of a few questions followed by a brief paragraph as to why "you" should be the chosen one. The questions were: the five most recently visited restaurants; five restaurants that must be reviewed; and five current food trends- I'd like to thank Google for aiding me in answering these questions (except for the recently visited ones of course. I actually went to them).

The recently visited:

1. The Fort Café (Victoria)
2. Sabhai Thai (Sidney)
3. Chez Nam (Ottawa)
4. Pancho Villa Mexican Restaurant (Ottawa)
5. Modern Burger (Vancouver)

Those of the must review list:

1. The Office Lounge (Victoria)
2. Pig BBQ Joint (Victoria)
3. Hernande’z (Victoria)
4. Aura (Victoria)
5. Paprika Bistro (Victoria)

Current food trends worth exploring:

1. Lamb
2. Fried Chicken
3. Pairing beer with food of its origin/region
4. Chef-driven quick serve concepts
5. Minimalist design (both in menu and venue)

A brief paragraph about being a great addition:

As a homo sapien I have the ability to enjoy taste and recognize flavour. I also have a stomach and the ability to chew. As an added bonus, I understand language and learned to write at a young age. Shortly after my eighteenth birthday, I discovered my father’s homemade beer and wine. The combination of the previous four sentences are the basic ingredients for successful food writing.

I recently moved to Ottawa for two months but now live back in Victoria. I’m thirty-one years old. Most nights I cook for one.

I’m aware I’ve written three paragraphs.

No comments:

Post a Comment