Monday, April 12, 2010

Unsolicited Email

Kelly Williams April 12, 2010 at 12:21pm
Subject: Hi

I am quite fascinated by your profile. i am keen about knowing you. Well My name is kelly I am a new member to this web site......I am on this site to search for a real soulmate ,i noticed that online marriages are turning out to be successful and so i decided to give it a trial. Who Knows!!i saw your profile and it really intrested me.....i would like it if you could email me through my personal email address(kellyrichardxxx@yahoo.com so that we could have more private talk,chatting with you would be a great idea,then i can tell you really more about me and my family ,you can get me on this yahoo id kellyrichardxxx@yahoo.com on the messenger. hope to hear from you soon.
kelly

Bill Farrant April 12, 2010 at 2:18pm
Subject: re: Hi

Hi Kelly,

I think it’s great that you are fascinated by my profile and that you’re keen on knowing me. Seeing as my privacy settings are set to “friends only,” and that you are not currently my friend, you must have been blown away with all the intricate details of my life that are posted on facebook that you have no access to. I won’t deny that you’re probably attracted to me. I mean, who wouldn’t love my faceless white silhouette against a blue background!

That said, love can be hard. And I don’t doubt that you are searching for a real soul mate, though, when I look at your profile and it says you are currently in a relationship with Clifford Wilcox, I become a little wary. It’s kind of a warning sign to me. It’s human nature to be interested in people. I don’t doubt that. But what if Clifford, say, accidentally hacked your facebook account, or you left yourself logged in one day and he saw this email to me? What would he think? How would you explain yourself?

I’ll be honest with you, Kelly, I find it a little strange that your name is Kelly Williams, yet your contact information for yahoo is for Kelly Richard. Is this a maiden name? Have you previously been married? I won’t lie, I don’t like used goods. Not that I’m perfect by any stretch. But I’d prefer my soul mate “pure” if you catch my drift.

I wouldn’t put too much stock in online marriages, either. They can be just as faulty as normal marriages, if not more so. In the end, it’s just two people, and the fact that we’ve never met and you’re basically proposing to me on the first email is another sign that finding true love together might be a false hope. Is it possible there are other issues in your life that you are not dealing with? Possibly miserable in your relationship with Clifford? If so, it’s not unnatural, but seeking the comfort of other men via online marriage might not be the answer. Do you have family you can talk to? You do mention you have family. I’ve always found that a parent or a sibling is a good person to talk to when in a time of need, when you’re questioning the plight your life seems to have taken.

One more note, I think it’s probably unhealthy to treat online marriage as a trial. Marriage, in general, I’d think, is a commitment, and not something you try on for thirty days only to get a refund if you are unsatisfied with the product. Just saying, you know?

Anyway, I hope everything works out for you. Kelly Whateveryourlastnamereallyis.

Maybe we’ll run into each some day. You never know!

Regards,

Bill Farrant

Ps. I’ll be at the pool hall at eight. I’ll be the guy with the leather jacket on.

No comments:

Post a Comment